NOTE: The information provided below is for summary purposes only, and is subject to the Vehicle Service Contract Terms and Conditions that is issued to you. Additional state specific requirements may apply. See Your Terms and Conditions for complete details.
Platinum coverage includes most mechanical and electrical components on your vehicle. The Platinum Coverage covers items many other plans do not, including wear and tear and seals and gaskets. See the Schedule of Coverages and Benefits sections of the Terms and Conditions for more details.
The Platinum Protection Plan includes the following additional customer benefits:
1. Towing/Road Service and Lost Key & Lockout
If the vehicle becomes disabled or inoperable during the term of the plan, Towing/Road service is available, up to $150 per occurrence. In the event the keys to the vehicle are lost, broken or locked inside the vehicle during the term of the plan, Lost Key & Lockout service is available, up to $35 for locksmith services.
2. Rental Vehicle Reimbursement
In the event that a Breakdown covered by the contract requires 2 or more labor hours or the vehicle is inoperable and must be kept overnight by the repair facility, you may rent a substitute vehicle from a licensed rental agency. Reimbursement coverage provides for up to $40 per day and a maximum of $280 for each repair visit. The maximum dollar limit allowed for each repair visit will be increased to a maximum of $400 if the covered repairs are delayed because of parts availability issues.
3. Trip Interruption Reimbursement
If your covered vehicle becomes disabled more than 100 miles from your home and the repair facility keeps your vehicle overnight, the Plan will reimburse you for verifiable and receipted expenses you incur for food and accommodations for a maximum 4 days while the vehicle is being repaired up to a maximum of $200/day (total benefits is $800 per occurrence).
During the term covered by your Plan, you may have covered repairs completed at any authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac dealership.
Yes - 24 months or 24,000 miles from the date of purchase, whichever comes first
36 months or 36,000 miles from the date of purchase, whichever comes first
If your vehicle’s Original Equipment manufacturer’s warranty has expired, the plan requires a mandatory Waiting Period before coverage takes effect, which starts from the contract purchase date and vehicle’s odometer mileage at contract purchase date. See Registration Page and Terms and Conditions for full coverage details.
The Platinum Protection Plan will pay or reimburse you for approved costs to repair or replace any Breakdown of all items listed below and any other parts, except for those listed under Exclusions.
- Drive Axle
- Transfer Case
- Electrical Suspension
- Enhanced Electrical
- Air Conditioner
- Seals and Gasket Coverage
Components that are not covered are those listed on the Exclusion List:
- A. Any of the following parts: carburetor, battery and battery cable/harness (unless listed as specific covered parts), standard transmission clutch assembly, friction clutch disc and pressure plate, distributor cap and rotor, glass, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, fuses, circuit breakers, cellular phones, game centers, AM/FM radio/cassette/CD players exceeding $3,000 repair or replacement cost, speakers, audio/video equipment, pixel damage due to impact on display screens, key fobs, tire pressure sensors, remote control consoles, radar detection devices, brake rotors and drums, all exhaust components, and the following emission components: EGR purge valve/solenoids/sensors, vacuum canister, vapor return canister, vapor return lines/valves, air pump/lines/valves, catalytic converter/filtering/sensors, emission vapor sensors, gas cap/filler neck, weather strips, trim, moldings, bright metal chrome, upholstery and carpet, paint, outside ornamentation, bumpers, body sheet metal and panels, frame and structural body parts, vinyl and convertible tops, any convertible top assemblies, hardware or linkages, tires and wheels/rims. External nuts, bolts, and fasteners are not covered except where required in conjunction with a covered repair.
- B. Maintenance services and parts described in your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual as supplied by the manufacturer and other normal maintenance services and parts, which include, but are not limited to: alignments, adjustments, wheel balancing, tune-ups, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, hoses, drive belts, brake pads, brake linings/shoes, and wiper blades. Filters, lubricants, coolants, fluids, and refrigerants will be covered only if replacement is required in connection with a breakdown.
- C. For any damage and/or Breakdown resulting from collision, road hazard, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, acts of terrorism, explosion, lightning, earthquake, freezing, rust or corrosion, windstorm, hail, water or flood, acts of God, salt, environmental damage, chemicals, contamination of fluids, fuels, coolants or lubricants.
- D. Any breakdown caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, lack of normal maintenance required by the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for your vehicle, or improper servicing or repairs subsequent to purchase. Any breakdown caused by sludge buildup resulting from your failure to perform recommended maintenance services, or failure to maintain proper levels of lubricants and/or coolants, or breakdowns caused by fuels containing more than 10 percent ethanol (if the engine was not manufactured for this fuel mixture), or failure to protect your vehicle from further damage when a breakdown has occurred or failure to have your vehicle towed to the service facility when continued operation may result in further damage. Continued operation includes your failure to observe warning lights, gauges, or any other signs of overheating or component failure, such as, fluid leakage, slipping, knocking, or smoking, and not protecting your vehicle by continuing to drive, creating damage beyond the initial failure.
- E. Any repair or replacement of any covered part if a breakdown has not occurred. Any part that a repair facility or manufacturer recommends or requires be replaced or repaired or is an update, and is not a breakdown, is your responsibility and expense.
- F. Any alterations that have been made to your vehicle or use of your vehicle in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer, including but not limited to the failure of any custom or add-on part, all frame or suspension modifications, lift kits, any tire that is not recommended by the original manufacturer if it creates an odometer/speedometer variance of greater than 4 percent, and trailer hitches. Also not covered are any emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications.
- G. If, while owned by you, your odometer has ceased to operate and odometer repairs have not been made immediately, or the odometer has been altered in any way subsequent to purchase of the contract.
- H. If your vehicle has ever been a total loss, salvaged, rebuilt, or is a gray market vehicle.
- I. Any liability for property damage, or for injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance, or use of your vehicle described in the contract, whether or not related to the parts covered. Loss of use, time, profit, inconvenience, or any other consequential loss, including any consequential damage to a non-covered part that results from a breakdown.
- J. Any breakdown where the manufacturer is responsible for the repair or if the breakdown is covered by a repairer’s guarantee/warranty (regardless of manufacturer’s or repairer’s ability to pay for such repairs).
- K. If your vehicle is used for towing (unless your vehicle is equipped with a factory-installed or factory-authorized tow package), or is used as a commercial unit (unless appropriate surcharge is marked on Registration Page and only as defined under “Definitions,” “Commercial Use”), or is used for rental, taxi, limousine, shuttle, towing/wrecker service, dumping (dump beds), cherry pickers, lifting or hoisting, police or emergency service, principally off-road use, prearranged or organized racing, or competitive driving.
- L. Any pre-existing condition or any breakdown occurring before coverage takes effect or prior to the contract purchase date, or if the information provided by you or the repair facility cannot be verified as accurate or is found to be deceptively inaccurate.
- M. Breakdowns that occur and/or repairs made outside of the United States of America and Canada.
- N. Diagnostic and/or teardown procedures that are not listed, or are in excess of the times listed in the current year’s national flat rate hourly guide in conjunction with a covered repair.
Yes, the Platinum Plan includes coverage for those factory-installed components. However, the coverage does not include programming or updates.
If you have any questions, please contact the Administrator toll-free at 1-877-265-6708, open Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Standard Time and Saturdays 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, or by writing to PO Box 927, Bedford, TX 76095, or email ExtendedProtection@amtrustgroup.com
Observe vehicle warning lights and gauges and take immediate action to prevent further damage. Authorization from the Administrator is required before any repairs are performed.
If the vehicle is functioning, take your vehicle to your nearest Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac dealership. The dealership will ensure proper service and will ensure that genuine OEM parts are utilized for repairs. Provide the dealership with your vehicle service contract and/or your contract number and have them call: 877-265-6708 to start the claims process.
If your vehicle is disabled, call the Towing/Road Service Number at (855) 237-3824. Provide your contract number or last 8 digits of your VIN, the Producer code: 10951 and your Plan Letter: BH. Please see your terms and conditions for more details.
You can cancel your contract at any time. However, depending on how long you had your contract, an administrative fee may apply. Your terms and conditions will provide complete details.
Yes, you must have your vehicle serviced as recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer. You must keep copies of all receipts (oil changes, lubrication, etc.) as proof of maintenance may be required when you file a claim.
Yes, your vehicle service contract may be transferrable if you sell or otherwise transfer your vehicle while the coverage is still in force; however, specific documentation must be submitted to the Administrator within 30 days of the change of ownership and a $75 transfer fee will be apply ($40 for Florida residents and not applicable to New Hampshire residents). See your Terms and Conditions for more details.
No, there is no deductible for the Benefits (Rental, Towing/Road Service, Trip Interruption, and Lost Key/Lock Out) or for the Coverage.
The Administrator accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.